We're Hiring a Marketing and Media Specialist! Please see the job posting below.
Position:Marketing and Media Specialist
Position time: Full Time Employee (Monday-Friday)
Location: Downtown New Westminster, BC
Company Goals: At Inner Fire, we work to create help ignite the fires in others. We create clothing that inspires people to live joyous and conscientious lives. Our clothing is sustainably, locally and ethically made. We cater to an audience of yogis and yoginis who share our common values.
We’re looking for a creative, hard working, eco-conscious and yoga-loving person to join our team. The Marketing and Media Specialist will aid in executing the company’s marketing strategy, primarily in the areas of digital and social media. This person will be responsible for Inner Fire’s visual branding and communications.
Enjoy working in a casual setting with added perks such as educational/training opportunities and healthy juice delivery from the juicery downstairs.
- Execute company’s marketing strategy
- Daily engagement with potential customers and leads through social media (Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter)
- Create and execute email marketing campaigns, as well as opt-ins and other digital collateral
- Maintain and manage Inner Fire blog and guest/ambassador submissions
- Design graphics and coordinate production of all marketing collateral, including postcards, posters, hang tags, stickers, catalogues, advertisements, etc.
- Edit and update websites with new information, products and imagery
- Manage and edit photograph/video bank
- Help coordinate photo and video shoots
- Understand marketing trends, including social media, digital advertising and SEO
- Write copy for website, press releases, launches, etc.
- Manage contests, giveaways, and other marketing campaigns
- PR and media outreach
- Support sales team with media resources
- Research tools and software to help facilitate company’s marketing strategy
- Work with ambassador manager to develop content for ambassador dashboard
- Support other staff with office tasks if needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Graphic Design. Or an acceptable combination of both education and related experience
- Works well in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with finite deadlines
- Strong writing and copy writing skills
- Experience with Shopify e-commerce platform and Adobe Software (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- Creative and artistic background
- Photography and video editing skills an asset
- Quick learner who can easily adapt to new situations
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
Qualities you embody
- Yogic mindset
- A love of learning new things
- Consistent and reliable
- Enjoys working with a team, but is also a self-starter
- Positive attitude
- Artistic and creative
How to Apply
Please send us the following:
- One page letter outlining your relevant experience, why you want to work for Inner Fire, as well as compensation expectations.
- Portfolio submissions (at least 5 examples of your work). At least 2 graphic designs and 1 writing sample required. These can be in the form of email attachments or a link to your website.
- A resume that captures your related experience and email it to Leah Emmott at firstname.lastname@example.org with the words "Marketing and Media Specialist - *your name*" in the subject line by February 14, 2016. Only email submissions accepted.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our company; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. (Note — you will only be contacted if you attach all three requirements that are listed above.)
The successful candidate will work with us in our New Westminster office. The position will start mid March, 2016.