10 Heartfelt Reminders While Making Your Vision Board: Part 3 of 3
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us.” - Marianne Williamson
A vision board is a smorgasbord of the dreams that are the dearest to your heart, big or small. It serves as a visual reminder, activating your brain, to consciously and subconsciously create the life of your wildest dreams.
- A Vision Board only works if you do. First, let's get clear on what a Vision Board is NOT. It is not a shortcut that gives you everything you want while you sit around waiting for your life to happen. You need to do so much more than make a vision board... You need to make plans and take steps forward. If you stay in one place and keep waiting, your dreams will remain dreams – nothing more.
- Keep your Vision Board somewhere you will see it every day. The creation is the first step, but we need to go beyond creating it and place it somewhere you will see it. Look at it everyday with excitement, rather than fear. Fearlessness is a message to the universe that you are ready to make change become a reality.
- Plan. This is why creating goals throughout the years is so important. Goals connect the dots between A and Z, providing you with a roadmap to the future. Eventually, the future will become the present.
- Speak your goals as if you are already living them. For example, “In 2016 I will have a semi-permanent home in Europe with my partner and my dog.”
- Take chances. I reached the goals on my Vision Board when I was living in London with a tourist visa. Countless people had worried me about making any sort of income in another country when I didn't have a work visa, but I did it anyway. You get creative when you are forced to find alternative ways to survive and make a living.
- If you want your life to change, you must be willing to change . Are you ready to get uncomfortable? Are you willing to turn your life upside down to show the Universe that you're ready to move forward? This isn't like a New Year's resolution where you keep doing all of the same things, but try to eat differently. This is about going all the way, completely uprooting everything you know in order to get what you want. There is always the option to take small steps, but the most exciting change happens when you do something big and there's no way you can turn back to the old.
- Listen to your heart. As a society, we need to move beyond living our lives based on what logically makes sense. If it doesn't resonate with your heart, it's not for you. We all need to recondition ourselves – releasing patterns that came from people telling us what we should do or what they expected of us. Ask yourself first: Do you like it? Does it make your heart flutter? Does it scare you? Yes? Go for it.
- Get specific with your goals , but allow your vision board to be general. You might not find the picture of the exact town you want to travel to, but don't let that stop you. An outline of the country will do. When it comes to your goals, you need to make them specific and measurable. Too general and you will lose focus.
- Please remember that the road to your dreams won't always be easy. If you get knocked down, brush yourself off and get back up again. Somedays will come easy, other days you'll want to take that 9-5 job. Having someone tell you what to do for the rest of your life and giving you limited responsibility just might sound pretty darn good. There are a million self-help blogs out there that make the process sound easy. For the sake of being a positive influence, there aren't so many people sharing the raw and gritty side of dreams. So please, don't give up if things aren't coming together like magic.
- Allow your dreams to evolve with new experiences. Recently, I looked back at my goals from two years ago to see that I hadn't achieved any of them. I had achieved what I wanted from the vision board, but my goals had been left neglected. This is the perfect example of why it's good to review your goals quarterly – or even more often. My goals from two years ago were so different from what I want today, yet I had been lazy about renewing them.
Perhaps most importantly, believe in magic! Manifesting your dreams takes time and patience, and it's always exciting to turn your world upside down and see how the Universe sends you what you most need. When you create a life that flows like a river, you will feel flexible and infinite – so much better than a rock with stability, don't you think?
As you create your vision board, remember to be gentle with yourself and to make this a sacred practice. I promise that only good things will follow.
Now over to you, lovely – what is your favorite affirmation to remind yourself you're on the right path?
By Luminary Savannah Wishart
Also in Blog
It’s really important that we fuel our bodies the right way and boost our mood and energy naturally instead of turning to caffeine and sugar-filled snacks. While they might give you a temporary hit, they won’t do your body any good in the long run; they will only slow you down and leave you even more tired!
There is wide variation in women’s and men’s bodies; some women will have a narrower pelvis than the average man and some men will have more flexible joints than the average woman. However, there are significant differences between the average female and average male body.